Louisiana Energy and Power Authority is seeking an accountant with an accounting degree from an accredited four-year college with the ability to oversee and manage the general accounting functions for an electric utility. CPA candidate a plus. The ideal candidate should have experience in the preparation and supervision of budgets, thorough knowledge of governmental and public utility accounting principles, methods, and applicable laws, regulations, and procedures regarding governmental monies. Knowledge in Excel, Peachtree, and excellent verbal and written communication abilities is a plus. Candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in governmental accounting.
Only one position (at a minimum pay of $34.33/Hr) is available in Lafayette, LA. The deadline for applications is 12:00 noon on January 20, 2022. For an application, contact: Louisiana Energy & Power Authority (LEPA), 210 Venture Way, Lafayette, LA, 70507-5319. (337) 269-4046 or on our website at www.lepa.com.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A LEPA APPLICATION. Deadline for receiving applications is 12:00 Noon, January 20, 2022.
Necessary Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
· Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
· Considerable knowledge of the general principles of public utility finance administration and financial reporting
· Prescriptions established by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
· Prepare and supervise budgets.
· Skills in Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables
Illustrative Examples of Work
· Reconcile Weekly Invoices
· Generate and review monthly invoices to LEPA Member Cities.
· Confer with Member City accounting personnel.
· Analyze future expenses to determine budgets.
· Reconcile accounting data with monthly summaries.
· Work with external auditors to ensure the correct and timely closing of annual reports.
· Certify accuracy of financial statements.