Combined Cycle Plant Auxiliary Operator
We are seeking an individual familiar with the operations of an electric generating facility. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic in applying this knowledge to the inspecting, monitoring and testing of auxiliary equipment used in the production of electricity in a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine power plant.
One position (starting minimum pay of $17.12/Hr) are available at the LEPA Unit No. 1 power plant in Morgan City, LA. Deadline for applications is 12:00 noon on Friday, October 22, 2021. For an application, contact: Louisiana Energy & Power Authority (LEPA), 210 Venture Way, Lafayette, LA, 70507-5319. (337) 269-4046 or visit our website at www.lepa.com.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A LEPA APPLICATION. Deadline for receiving applications is 12:00 Noon, October 22, 2021.
Necessary Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
· Read meters and gauges accurately
· Recognize equipment malfunctions and take proper corrective action
· Understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
Illustrative Examples of Work
· Inspect and test pumps, motors, compressors, and other mechanical equipment
· Make minor repair and adjustments to equipment
· Take water samples throughout facility
· Perform maintenance tasks and assist maintenance crew
· Execute orders from Control Room Operators
Applications available on our website. This is a pdf file. Please print a copy and fill out. You can return the application using any of the methods listed below:
- Email - by scanning it and emailing it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it off or
- Mail – you can mail it back to
ATTN: Rachel Blanchard
210 Venture Way
Lafayette, LA 70507